Where to Buy Chaga – The Complete Guide
Last Updated on
If you're not already familiar with the benefits of chaga, please check out all the other pages on this site where we cover everything you need to know about chaga.
However, if you are already familiar with chaga, and you're looking to purchase some online, you're in the right place! Read on for all the critical info you need to know when buying chaga...
The Basics of Buying Chaga
There are many products and suppliers where you can buy Chaga from today, so the choice can become overwhelming. The aim of this guide is to help you make educated decisions and buy chaga products that fit your needs and budget.
There are three main product groups when it comes to chaga for sale; Raw Powder/Tea Bags, Dual Extract (either in capsule, tablet or powder form) and Dried Chunks.
Let's go through each group so that you can make better decisions when you buy chaga online:
In a Hurry? Here's Our Top Picks...
If you don't have time to read our full guide, below are our favourite chaga products in each category:
Chaga Product Groups
There are three main chaga product groups, and each one is described in detail below:
1. Dual Extract
The major advantage of Chaga Extract over other forms of chaga is that you receive all the healthy benefits of BOTH the water-soluble AND non-water soluble bioactive ingredients. With Raw Powder/Tea Bags and Dried Chunks, you can only get the water-soluble ingredients.
Here you should be looking for a genuine dual extract, either in its powder, capsule or tablet form.
Dual extract is based upon the double extraction method, which extracts both the water-soluble and non-water-soluble bioactive ingredients of chaga.
For this reason, you will notice that genuine dual extract is much more expensive than raw/unprocessed chaga, due to the sophisticated methods required to extract all of the bioactive ingredients.
The double extraction method typically uses high temperatures combined with high pressure and hot ethanol to extract the bioactive ingredients. This method extracts the non-water-soluble bioactive ingredients, such as betulinic acid and phytosterols that hot water extraction (e.g. chaga tea) alone cannot do.
One key metric in determining the antioxidant potency of the chaga is by looking at the ORAC score. See ORAC note at the bottom of this post for more details.
2. Raw Powder/Tea Bags
Chaga powder is simply chunks ground down, and in some cases with extra ingredients added such as birch bark and oregano.
When looking for raw chaga powder/tea bags, try to buy products that contain some dual extract.
You may also want to consider products that have been mixed with other beneficial ingredients such as siberian ginseng, mint or rose hip. Not only do these extra ingredients add nutrition, they can also make the tea taste much better, as some people find the taste of pure chaga tea a little too 'earthy'.
3. Dried Chunks
Chunks are just raw harvested chaga broken into chunks and then dried. Dried chunks can be used to make chaga tea or a tincture. Look out for genuine raw chaga, and avoid any processed chaga.
Where To Buy Chaga: Top 3 Products
So now that you understand the different types of chaga products and what to look for in each one, lets go through our favorite three chaga products. After we've gone through all three, you'll find a comparison table that compares the key points of each one.
1. Sayan Chaga Extract
- ALL NATURAL NON-GMO, DAIRY AND GLUTEN-FREE - Sayan non-GMO Chaga powder is safe for vegetarian and vegan diets , free from gluten, dairy, caffeine, preservatives, fillers, binders and artificial additives. Produced at FDA registered facility and packaged in the USA under the strictest GMP certified standards, each batch is quality-controlled. Our strict processing assures the purity and quality that our customers expect, ensuring only the very best Chaga is delivered to your door.
- SUPERFOOD BOOSTER WITH POWERFUL BENEFITS - Siberian Chaga is teeming with phytonutrients, vitamins A, B complex, C, D, E and K, as well as manganese, iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, fiber. A premium antioxidant supplement that support s cells against free radicals, this natural immune booster support healthy liver, promotes healthy blood sugar levels, aids digestion, improves the appearance of skin and hair, and boosts energy and stamina.
- IMMUNE SUPPORT, ENERGY BOOST, ANTIOXIDANT- Powerful antioxidant, known as the 'King of Herbs', Chaga is also an adaptogen that helps the body manage during times of stress. Rich in polysaccharides and beta-glucans important to maintaining a balanced immune system, this all natural supplement helps inflammation reduction, ease mild tension and energy boost. Also offering support to immune system against yeast overgrowth such as candida albicans and athlete's foot.
- WILD HARVESTED IN REMOTE SIBERIAN FORESTS - A longevity superherb, the Chaga mushroom is a nutrient-rich fungus that thrives on birch trees deep in pristine Siberian forests. Sayan Chaga extract is produced by hot water extraction then stringently freeze-dried, to ensure our product is optimized with the most essential nutrients. Our wild forest harvested Chaga extract is completely soluble in any liquid and comes in easy to use zip lock package.
- ADD TO YOUR FAVORITE TEA, SMOOTHIE OR SHAKE - Likened to a cross between tea and coffee , Chaga has a pleasant earthy, slightly woodsy - like taste. Simple to prepare and soothing to drink , Chaga mushroom powder is easily added to your favorite soup, smoothie, coffee or tea for an energizing all-day boost or to fuel up after lunch and avoid that afternoon slump. Help to balance your mind, body and soul by introducing the world's healthiest herbal supplement to your daily routine.
2. Baikal Chaga Tea
- WARM & EARTHY FLAVOR of Real Siberian Chaga tea will leave you feeling energized and focused
- HEALTH BENEFITS - Chaga is a great natural antioxidant to support your immune, improve digestive, and detox the body
- 100% SIBERIAN WILD - Chaga loves cold, that's why harsh Siberian winters is the best place for Chaga to grow
- PRODUCT OF NATURE - We hand-pick our Chaga Mushroom from sacred natural lands around the cleanest lake on Earth: Lake Baikal
- CONVENIENT STEEP WITHOUT ADDITIVES: Steep at home and on the go, tear the bag open and Add to smoothies, hot cocoa or mix with other tea!
3. Sayan Raw Chaga Chunks
- 100% WILD HARVESTED WITH BLACK TOP CRUST - The Chaga mushroom is a fungus that thrives on birch trees, deep in the pristine forests of Siberia. Unlike some brands that offer only 30% black crust, each Sayan Siberian Chaga chunk is exclusively packaged complete with its nutrient-rich crust, the most beneficial part of this medicinal mushroom. Our raw, wild forest harvested Chaga is never dried in the sun and stringently processed through our pharmaceutical grade herb dryer.
- PROMOTES IMMUNE FUNCTION & HEALTHY DIGESTION - Referred to as the 'Gift from God' or 'Mushroom of Immortality', the Chaga mushroom is an effective adaptogen that can help the body manage stress. Rich in polysaccharides and beta glucans which are important to maintaining a healthy immune system, this natural supplement helps inflammation reduction, increases the body's resistance to stress and ability to detoxify the liver, eases and soothes mild tension, and boosts energy and stamina.
- ANTIOXIDANT FOR RESPIRATORY HEALTH & BLOOD SUGAR SUPPORT - Siberian Chaga is teeming with vitamins A, B complex, C, D, E and K, as well as manganese, iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, fiber, polysaccharides and phytonutrients. A powerful antioxidant which protects cell components against free radicals, this amazing adaptogen and natural immune booster supports healthy digestion, promotes healthy blood sugar levels, respiratory tract health and improves the appearance of skin and hair.
- READY TO USE WITH NO NEED FOR CUTTING OR SAWING - This products requires brewing and doesn't dissolves in water or any other liquid. Our ready-to-use out-of-the-bag whole raw Chaga chunks create no powdery mess. Eliminating the need for cutting or sawing, they are perfectly sized for brewing in tea pot and can be re-used up to two times to make delicious tea. Likened to a cross between tea and coffee, Chaga has a strong yet soft flavor, with a pleasant, earthy and soothing.
- NON-GMO & GLUTEN-FREE WITHOUT DAIRY OR FILLERS - Our non-GMO Chaga is free from gluten, dairy, caffeine, preservatives, fillers, binders and artificial additives. Manufactured at FDA registered facility under the strictest GMP certified standards, each batch is quality controlled with a moisture meter. Our strict manufacturing process assures the purity and quality that our customers expect, ensuring only the very best Chaga is delivered to your door.
How The List Was Chosen
The list and table above were designed to help you buy chaga products that offer the best value for money. With that goal in mind, we have compiled our top 3 chaga products (one for each type) and listed them in order of preference, along with customer reviews.
We also listed all the key details you should be aware of when you buy chaga products, namely; Quantity and Quality (reviews and ORAC rating if available).
When looking to buy chaga products, especially extracts, remember to review the supplements facts label as this provides the true value of the product when compared with the price and quantity.
Note that we've expressed the quantity in ounces even when the product lists the number of capsules instead of weight. Here we've just multiplied the number of capsules by the mg per capsule and then converted it to ounces.
Notes About ORAC
When you're looking to buy chaga extract, one of the most important values to understand is the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbent Capacity) score. This is the antioxidant potency of the chaga.
The ORAC-score depends on where the chaga was harvested, the conditions where it grew and how it has been processed (the extraction method employed).
As the antioxidant level is very important, you must take this value into consideration when comparing chaga products. For example, it may seem like one product has more value than another until you factor in the ORAC score.
Chaga extract, especially high quality genuine dual extract, has a much higher ORAC score than chaga tea (chaga that’s just been processed using the hot water extraction method).
Many suppliers don't provide this score because it's expensive to test and/or their score is much lower than their competitors.